Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lasagna, Drawings, and Eye Drops

Had our first design/production meeting on Thursday night, which I had been looking forward to. However, I woke up Thursday morning with an eye infection and head cold - neither one conducive to driving an hour to a meeting with people. Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, however, I was able to participate (to the best of my ability) via the wonders of Gmail Video Chat (both Josh and I heavily endorse and use this feature). Shared my ideas for the set, as I am being allowed to try my hand at set design for this production as well as the color scheme for the set (again, very 300). Janna has some incredible ideas for the costumes as they progress through the show...but I don't want to give too much away yet. I will give you this tidbit - I have a strong desire to watch Mad Max and The Road Warrior.
C-Rex chatted about marketing, which is going to be above and beyond previous productions and will be le awesome. Luke brought us up to speed on Patty McHobo's Talent McShowbo, the first fundraiser for The Regulars as well as the first OPEN MIC TALENT SHOW Hobo Junction has put on. I'm debating what talent I should put forth before the masses and Chad the Puppet. Any thoughts? But aside from my personal debate, the better question is what are you going to perform? There are only about 30 slots left, so act quickly! Plus, if you are a performer, you get in for free! Free admission in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day? Sounds like a great deal to me!
The first working version of the script as well as the rehearsal demos for all the songs go out to the cast on Monday! This means we are well on our way to bringing this epic saga to the Apollo! It's been fun watching the written word change over the past few months, it will be even more exciting to see how the actors shape and develop their characters and bring out the hilarity. I've already been privy to some of this work. Josh is meeting one on one with each actor to chat about who each character is. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to join in the conversation with Bryan Campbell on who his character, Simon, is and will be in the show. So delightfully different from Bryan's last Junction appearance as Mr. Hunt in Horrible.
On a non-Junction note, Chicago Fringe Fest will be holding their lottery for the Fest this September on February 28 (that's tomorrow, folks!). I plan on attending, and the Junction's own Luke Harmon has organized the whole event! Plus, it's free as well. You have no excuse now. Be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment